| Welcome to
Winding Wool Creek Fiber,
where we wrap you in the warmth
only nature can provide.
My name is Barb.
I feature Wool products at all levels, from raw wool roving to the finished piece. I handspin yarn, hand dye yarns and roving, needle felt, wet felt and a tiny bit of weaving.
My second love is stained glass and glass fusing.
I offer glass buttons, my creation, sheep pins
Thanks for stopping by.
Wool Felt is a non woven fabric made when you combine sheeps wool with soap, water and agitation. The finished product is a lovely, soft, yet strong material that wisks away moisture as well as keeps you warm. This cloth has sheltered and clothed people back to before biblical times. This old technique has become new again in so many ways.
This website is a work in process, please be patient with me. This high tech stuff scares me a bit.
I am a member of the Weaver's Guild of Kalamazoo, MI (www.weaversguildofkalamazoo.org) and the
Woodland Weavers and Spinners Guild out of Grand Rapids, MI (www.wwas.org).
* Woodland Weavers & Spinners Guilds, Textile Arts Market in combination with the West Michigan's Potters Guild Spring show Saturday, April 23, 2016, 10 to 4:00 at St. Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Church, 2250 East Paris Avenue, SE, Grand Rapids, MI. Go to www.wwas.org for more information.
* Michigan Fiber Festival, Allegan Fair Grounds, Allegan, Michgan. August 20 and 21, 2016.
* Interwoven Expressions in Chesterton, Indiana, November 12, 2016
* Weaver's Guild of Kalamazoo's Weavers & Fiber Artists Sale, Kalamazoo County Expo Center and Fairgrounds, 2900 Lake Street, Kalamzoo, MI. November 17 through 19, 2016.
* Woodland Weavers & Spinners Guilds, Textile Arts Market, Friday December 9, 2016 from Noon to 8 and Saturday, December 10 from 10 to 4:00 at the Prince Conference Center, Calvin College Campus, 1800 East Beltline SE, (NE corner) Grand Rapids, MI. Go to www.wwas.org for more information.